Some keyboard shortcuts can quickly enter things like today’s date or copy the value from the cell above.
- Copy Cell Above into current cell.
- Copy Down – copies the top cell down a selection
- Insert Today’s Date into current cell
- Copy ‘n’ Paste Values – Copies and pastes the result of a formula withouth copying the formula itself, just the result
- Other Excel Keyboard Shortcuts
or * = Hold this key down while tapping the white keys in sequence indicated.
= Tap this key(s) in sequence indicated (if there is more than one) whilst holding down the grey key.
Copy the cell above
Into your current cell
CTRL* + ‘
Copy the top value down all the cells in your selection
CTRL* + D
Insert today’s date
CTRL* + ;
CTRL* + C
then move cell
ALT* + E + S + V
Other Excel Keyboard Shorcuts
Other Excel Spreadsheet Help
Follow our blog with Excel Tips and Business Data Advice.
Our Business Spreadsheets page offers some complementary downloads which demonstrate how to perform everyday business office tasks in Microsoft Excel